IBM BigFix Client in different language or Custom pop-up on restart

Hi

We have a customer that needs the BigFix client to be in their own naitive language. Is there a way to do this? If not is there a way to make a custom pop-up with the same options you get when the client pops up for the restart, but you can edit the text?

The language we need it in is norwegian if that matters. This is the pop-up in question.

Thanks

I was wondering about that as well and found something on the server (…\Bigfix Enterprise\BES Installers\BESClientDeploy\Localization) that made me suspect localised versions could be available. The options are limited though and the language I was looking for was not there so I stopped looking…

1 Like

Thanks for the tips. It looks like it is. I found the same .xlat files in the client install path. Under BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\BESLib\Reference. I guess it uses a relevance to find out the language on the OS and bind it to the correct language. I also found a task for enable client support for central european languages. Does not help so much since Norway is not a part of that area.

Looked abit further and found this. http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21606833. Look like using the .xlat you can customize the client