IBM BigFix, BES client service error “Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

Getting error message while restarting BES Client services… The error is only coming on those machines who are the part of domain… due to the error, the systems are reporting intermediate…

Error Msg : Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Please assist…

Without a lot of information it would be hard to determine what if anything is causing the client to be non responsive. I’d suggest opening a PMR

Hi @AlanM, I had opened a PMR in three month ago… but they haven’t found any solution to overcome the issue…

I would request if you can share some relevant steps to diagnose the issue.

If the EMSG log is on when this stop is attempted and failed, it could show if some relevance is failing.

Is this only one client? The client is Windows, so can you verify that the WMI system is working correctly for example.

There are a lot of things that can be looked at, in addition if you can force a dump of the client when it is in this state (usually a few dumps in a row) you could show what the client is stuck doing.

Hi @AlanM, The EMSG log is not enabled, and Yes, here all clients are Windows Clients, and in most of system I am getting this issue…

Yes the WMI is working correctly in systems… is there any other way to find the exact cause… as I have already checked the event logs but unable to find the same getting the same error history which I have mentioned in subject line.