IBM Big Fix - Bad Gateway

when connecting to patch management through the browser, I get this error message:
Bad Gateway
An error occurred while proxying request for: /login?nextpage=%2Fcustom%2Fui%2Ftasks%2F2299690430%2F71813

I haven’t been able to login since last Thursday. Has anyone seen this error

Hey Victor1. It kind of sounds like there’s a problem processing requests to login in your WebUI deployment. Usually this is a case we’d want to go through the usual IBM Support channels, but maybe this is really straightforward…

Do you want to maybe dump the contents of your WebUI logs directory here so that somebody can take a look? (your WebUI logs dir will look something like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES WebUI\WebUI\logs, or /var/opt/BESWebUI/WebUI/logs in Linux)…

Thank you for your comment. please take a look at this log.
Wed, 11 Oct 2017 12:42:55 GMT bf:appmonitor:error Failed to create app from E:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES WebUI\WebUI\sites\WebUI Common_12049_41_1506726379\common-app: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'E:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES WebUI\WebUI\sites\WebUI Common_12049_41_1506726379\common-app\package.json’
Wed, 11 Oct 2017 12:42:55 GMT bf:appmonitor:error Failed to create app from E:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES WebUI\WebUI\sites\WebUI Common_12049_41_1506726379\etl-app: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'E:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES WebUI\WebUI\sites\WebUI Common_12049_41_1506726379\etl-app\package.json’
Wed, 11 Oct 2017 12:42:55 GMT bf:appmonitor:error Failed to create app from E:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES WebUI\WebUI\sites\WebUI Common_12049_41_1506726379\login-app: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'E:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES WebUI\WebUI\sites\WebUI Common_12049_41_1506726379\login-app\package.json’
Wed, 11 Oct 2017 12:42:55 GMT bf:appmonitor:error Failed to start apps: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘name’ of null

Hey Victor-

It almost seems like there are files missing in your deployment, maybe because of a bad gather. Ideally I’d love to have a session with you to figure this out, but I think at this point we should probably go off to official channels and make sure we get this properly documented (I’ll follow up on the forums on what this ends up being so that people know)…

One thing you can try really quickly though: Clear out the following:

• Everything in WebUI Sites (C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES WebUI\WebUI\sites) (but keep the sites directory)
  • Everything in WebUI mirror (C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES WebUI\Mirror) (but keep the mirror directory)
  • The WebUICommonState.db file (C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES WebUI\WebUICommonState.db)

That should allow the WebUI to pull again fresh from gathered sites from the platform. Once you do this, all of these files and dir should regenerate, and after a while, you should have the WebUI up and running again.

If that doesn’t work, can you follow up with our support team so that we can get this documented as a PMR?

hi Dexdexdex. I did get support from BigFix - they adviced the following:

Stop BES WebUI Service
Delete Commmon site folder
Start BES WebUI Service.
As you mentioned the Common site folder was recreated and 20 minutes later my issue was resolved.
Thank you very much for your help.