HTTP thread message in 10.0.4

When we upgraded to 10.0.4 on our main production instance, I found a new message that I’ll share for the benefit of everyone. The upgrade itself went very smoothly. Post upgrade, I notice that reporting and responsiveness were jammed up a bit. So I reviewed the BESrelay.log and discovered a ton of a specific message that was new to me.

“Main Thread (1664) - Server could be busy. The HTTP threads limit of 250 for the internal ‘relay-status’ service has been reached.”

Searching the forum and web for this specific message didn’t yield any results, so I opened a case.

L3 writes: “This is a new message added for serviceability reasons, it is not an error. The server behavior goes on to be the same. If there is a big amount of requests, at the same time, from the same service, the server will refuse next requests of the same kind till that number of concurrent connections becomes again normal.”

The message did dissipate in the logs after a few hours of upgrade. Sharing this here as a public service to others who may encounter it.

4 Likes