HP-UX server shows different Computer Name in BigFix Console

Hello All,

We have a couple of HP-UX servers in our environment which shows different Computer Name in BigFix Console but in-actual their name are totally different.

I have cross checked the Relevance for Computer Name property but it does not tell me from where exactly Computer Name information is pulled from HP-UX System.

Please help me to understand why there is a difference in Name i.e BigFix Vs Server End.

Relevance in BigFix Console for Computer Name:-1:
Computer Name

Carpe Diem…!!
Manish Singh

Is the computer name greater than 8 characters? And I presume you might be running 11.31?

There was a patch of 11.31 that allowed for longer names (which actually caused a lot of OS issues for us), and because our agent is built on 11.11 we don’t have that call that can get the longer name. Its unlikely that this will ever be fixed due to the current state of the HPUX OS as well.

Hi Alan,

Yes computer name is greater than 8 characters and version is 11.31
OS HP-UX B.11.31
CPU 800 MHz PA8600

So, Can you please brief the workaround…

The only current workaround would be to reduce the computer name to at a maximum 8 characters.

But we have couple of HP-UX servers in BigFix Console which are having more then 8 character and their host name is populating correctly.

OS Name and Version are same
OS HP-UX B.11.31
CPU 800 MHz PA-RISC

But I see difference in CPU Structure.
Do we have any wiki link which confirm the issue ?

Its possible that some characters are causing the issue as well. Could you check that the characters are in the ASCII range or outside?

The CPU will always indicate it is a PA-RISC as the agent runs under the Ares emulator