How to update the antivirus definitions through BigFix?

Hi,
I am new to BigFix and exploring the amazing tool.
I was just wondering is there a way to update antivirus signature on server. I have is the standalone AV installation so there is no master repository to get the daily DAT files, I manually download and update it from AV portal (Symantec and Mcafee).

Please guide me if there is any document or there already is a topic about this.

Thanks in advance,
Jose

1 Like

@jose,

Hello and welcome to the BigFix community. If you haven’t already, make sure to explore the developer.bigfix.com site along with this forum.

There is some capacity in the Compliance add-on suite, but I think it’s full DAT files only (i.e. no differential files like SEP GUP).

Hope that helps.
@cmcannady

@cmcannady

Does it come with standard configuration or do I need additional permissions to access Compliance suite?
TIA,
Jose

BigFix Compliance is an add-on component to BigFix LifeCycle. You’ll need to speak with your IBM sales rep or IBM partner sales rep to get details on licensing, etc. with respects to BigFix Compliance.

Is there a reason why you wouldn’t use the AV solution to propagate the differential files vs. the full DAT files?

@cmcannady,

Absolutely no reason, but I am unaware of it. :blush:

I am discovering the options of BigFix with whatever license I have at this time. I see Endpoint protection and I thought it is used to manage to update the AV signatures.

TIA
Jose

I’ve heard that the relationship between IBM BigFix and TrendMicro for the Endpoint Protection solution has or will be dissolving, but someone from the IBM BigFix product management team would have to weigh-in on that.

The Core Protection Module solution from Trend is going out of support at the end of the year, but the Endpoint Protection domain should also contain a solution called Client Manager for Endpoint Protection that does contain content for updating DAT files for Symantec and McAfee.

1 Like

@steve
Thanks Steve for the reply.
However, when I try to create a task in Antivirus Definition Update Task Wizard, I get the below error
“

”

Any thought please?

TIA,
Jose

You shouldn’t have to use the wizard. I was referring to existing fixlet content:

Well, the count shows zero for me here.

Am I missing something here that the clients are not updated in the console?

BigFix Protection product withdraw from the market and end of support and availability of a migration option:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/a1a33778-88b7-452a-9133-c955812f8910/entry/BigFix_Protection_product_withdraw_from_the_market_and_end_of_support_and_availability_of_a_migration_option?lang=en

1 Like

Do you have clients subscribed to the CMEP site?

I believe no.
How do we subscribe to CMEP site?

TIA
Jose