How to take action against servers that are not member of an automatic computer group?

Good day all, I have created two automatic computer groups:

GroupServerA
GroupServerB

I would like to take this action below to upgrade the BigFix Client to all servers that are not a member of the two computer group above. This is a fixlet provided by BigFix as shown below.

Updated Windows Client - IBM BigFix version 9.5.13 Now Available!

I am thinking to add another relevance check inside this fixlet after make a copy of it. Not sure what is the relevance statement to perform such check.

The bottom line is that BigFix Client upgrade action WILL NOT execute to the servers that are member of the two computer group.

Any suggestion to accomplish such task? Please advise.

Thanks.

To reply to your question “I would like to take this action below to upgrade the BigFix Client to all servers that are not a member of the two computer group above.” A simple way is to create a third group to collect all computers tha are NOT members of the two server grousp following is an example

immagine

Several ways to do this.
Copy the action and in the relevance section add your own criteria. You don’t need to write this relevance from scratch yourself as you can do it with the drop down filters. You may want to create the relevance with the drop down and then add it to the list of other relevance clauses as you don’t want to loose those.
Or add the relevance when your taking the action (in the Applicability tab).

For reference, this is an example of relevance you need:

(not (exists true whose (if true then (member of group 182 of site "actionsite") else false)))

Computer groups are defined by a number, which you can find by going to a computer group and looking at the Group Description and look under the Details section (group ID). You don’t need the ‘00-’ just the number. Also, be aware of the site the group is in.

An alternative would be to use the relevance the you have defined for group a and group b directly in the action. But if they are manual groups, it might be easier to use option 1.

1 Like

Thank you everyone responded to my question. Appreciate it. I will give it a try.