How to stop endpoint from reporting to the Main TEM server

(imported topic written by jpeppers91)

Any ideas how to stop endpoints from reporting to the main TEM server? Some of the clients are on the same subnet and others are not. I have about 183 out of 5300 endpoints reporting to the node in question.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

You should look into Relay Affiliation.

Define a Relay Afiliation Group that includes only your relays, and tell the clients to use only relays from the Group.

You may even want to use the Information at

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21506065

to start your new clients with settings when they are installed.

(imported comment written by jpeppers91)

To test this I created the setting _BESClient_Register_Affiliation_SeekList and the value is ATL and I created the setting on 4 relays servers _BESRelay_Register_Affiliation_AdvertisementList with the value ATL. I cycled services for the client and relay but the node is still pointing to the main TEM server. Am I missing something?

Anyone? I really need to resolve this contention on the one server.

jp

How many systems are we talking about here?

How many relays do you have?

On a hunch, I tried defining “_BESRelay_Register_Affiliation_AdvertisementList” as blank on my main server, thinking it might default to *, and the number of systems that are using it as their Relay is steadily dropping.

Give that a try and see if it helps.

None of the settings I have used have worked…Its like my setup doesn’t care what these settings are. Any ideas?

_BESRelay_Register_Affiliation_AdvertisementList

_BESClient_Register_Affiliation_SeekList

_BESRelay_Selection_RelayPriority

_BESRelay_Selection_AutoSelectableRelay

According to

http://support.bigfix.com/index/Relay_Affiliation.html

"

After being assigned to a new affiliation group, an additional action must be taken by a master BigFix Console operator before BigFix Clients will be aware of the assignment. This can be a blank action. The BigFix Console creates a file called Relays.dat which contains the BigFix Relays and their affiliation groups that the BigFix Clients use during automatic relay selection. The Relays.dat file is not updated until the BigFix Relay reports that it is a member of the relay affiliation group and an action is taken by the master BigFix Console operator.

"

I tried that in the article for relay affiliation. I eventually got these to work.

I tried that in the article for relay affiliation. I eventually got these to work.