How to run Powershell cmdlet in bigfix?

Hi,

I am trying to run the below command using script type powershell but the return status given was error.

Set-NetAdapterAdvancedProperty -DisplayName “Energy Efficient Ethernet” -RegistryKeyword “*EEE” -RegistryValue “0”

Missing hyphen: “Energy-Efficient Ethernet”

1 Like

I run locally using powershell console, it was able to accept the cmdlet without the hyphen.

Please correct me if i am wrong, are you trying to said in Bigfix i should have to added the hyphen?

perhaps your clients are different, but on my laptop running Set-NetAdapterAdvancedProperty displays a list that starts

Name                      DisplayName                    DisplayValue                   RegistryKeyword RegistryValue
----                      -----------                    ------------                   --------------- -------------
Ethernet                  Energy-Efficient Ethernet      Enabled                        *EEE            {1}
Ethernet                  Flow Control                   Rx & Tx Enabled                *FlowControl    {3}
Ethernet                  IPv4 Checksum Offload          Rx & Tx Enabled                *IPChecksumO... {3}
Ethernet                  Jumbo Frame                    Disabled                       *JumboPacket    {1514}
Ethernet                  Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4)   Enabled                        *LsoV2IPv4      {1}

and the DisplayName has the hyphen

1 Like