How to Run a VBS script as a Task which automatically run/excute twice in a week on every week & month

Need assistance on below points,.

I have created a VBS script to search some specific files in system folder and now I want to run this script twice in a week, the task should run automatically every week & month without taking any new action in next month or week.

What I have done- I have created a task where I have applied the execution as run only on Mon & Fri.

Kindly assist, is this the right way to get the right output.

Thanks
Varun J.

you can use reapply action option on --> execution tab,

reapply on which basis… kindly suggest.

@Varun

Alternatively, look at creating a scheduled task in Windows or use chron in Linux & Mac.

This will run when the relevance become relevant again, but here I want to run this script twice in a week, and when the action executed successfully then this will not going to run on machines.

Here I believe I need to change the relevance, e.g. I need to create a log file and based on last modifying date of that log I need to create relevance, then I can use this option.

Thanks @trn, Yes this will help. .Thanks for advice.

You need the Relevance to always evaluate as True.
Set the Action Constraints to run only on Monday and Friday.
Set the action to Reapply While Relevant, waiting 24 hours between reapplication.

I’d also recommend you ‘Stagger action start times over XX minutes’ so your machines don’t all scan at the same time.

1 Like

Hi @JasonWalker, Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Surely I will apply the suggested steps rather changing the relevance. Thanks You.