How to retrieve just workstation on WebReports

Hello all,

I need report to retrieve all workstations from Web Report. How Can I do This? What is property used for this?

Thanks

Hello Can you help me out?
@JasonWalker
@jgstew

Thanks…

@Bprata, do you have any existing properties in your BigFix environment that clearly identify the specific workstations you’re wanting to report on? If not, I’d highly recommend creating a “Windows Workstations Endpoints” automatic group in your Master Action site with the following relevance statements.

windows of operating system
((select (“ProductType from Win32_OperatingSystem”) of WMI) as string contains “1”)

You can create a similar automatic group for your servers with the following relevance statements.

windows of operating system
((select (“ProductType from Win32_OperatingSystem”) of WMI) as string contains “2”) OR ((select (“ProductType from Win32_OperatingSystem”) of WMI) as string contains “3”)

Once you have an appropriate group or other global property, you can craft your report in the WebReports interface to only return data for said group or where the property has the desired values.

I hope this helps.

Best,
@cmcannady

1 Like

Thansk for the information… Can you give one more help? If want to put the both proprities together and write Workstation once it contais 1 or wirite Severs if contains 2 or 3. So I can sort on Web Reports by Servers or Workstation.

Thanks…

tuple string items ((substrings after "=" of ((select ("ProductType from Win32_OperatingSystem") of WMI) as string)) as Integer) of "None, Workstation, Domain Controller, Server"

Note: The “None” entry is there to account for BigFix liking to count from 0 rather than 1, so leave it in there unless you want to subtract 1 from the result of the WMI query. I’m sure there is a better way to do this, but I chopped this out just before heading to bed.

2 Likes