How to Remove Microsoft3DViewer

I am trying to remove one of the Microsoft Store Apps for all users. The script seems to be running locally and without no issues. The TEM console keeps reporting that the task was successful, but the application continues to be reported in the application analysis.

action uses wow64 redirection {not x64 of operating system}

delete __createfile

// CREATEFILE
createfile until END_OF_FILE

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft3DViewer | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers

END_OF_FILE

delete uninstall-apps.ps1
move __createfile uninstall-apps.ps1

waithidden { pathname of file ((it as string) of value “Path” of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\1\ShellIds\Microsoft.PowerShell” of native registry) } -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File uninstall-apps.ps1

Did you ever figure this out?

No! I have posted other messages and never received an answer.

You forgot a switch…

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft3DViewer -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers

Local System will never have this installed so it will never have it listed.

4 Likes

Interestingly enough, this scenario (including even this specific app!) is part of the demo video we published for the new native Powershell capability within BigFix. Here’s a quick screen grab of the pertinent time in the video:

Here’s the specific command I had used in case it comes in handy:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -PackageTypeFilter Bundle -Name Microsoft.Microsoft3DViewer | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers

6 Likes

My Gawd man. THANK YOU!!! I have such a man crush on you my friend. WEEKS of looking for this and testing scripts that SHOULD have worked but NOOOO… freaking -packagettypefilter switch! Thank you! Die 3D viewer… DIIE!

2 Likes

Any Idea why this command is failing with Exit code -1 ,

Log says - Script returned exit code 0 but completed with errors, exit code overridden with -1.

Up on further check on this Error code,