How to remove a specific computer entry from a submitted action that never expired action?

After I submitted an action with never expiring and reapply settings defined to a list of 10 computers, then I decide to remove a specific computer from this action as I don’t it to execute again. Currently I can’t just remove a specific computers from a submitted action unless I stop the whole action. That sounds silly.

Even I used “remove from database” option against that computer and it seems to do the job. However, once that computer is reporting back online again, it adds it back to this action again.

It seems that the submitted action will always reference to all its computers.

Is there a way to accomplish this to remove a specific computer from the submitted action if I don’t want that action to continue executing on that computer?

Thanks.

York

If it’s a static action (ie you chose the computers from the list) you’d need to reset the computer. Easiest way is to uninstall the bigfix client, remove its registry keys, and reinstall.

If it’s an action you targeted dynamically by group or property, you’d have to change the computer so that it no longer matches the property.

To prevent the action (and all other actions) from running temporarily, you could lock the computer.

Otherwise, yes stop and restart the action with a new computer list.

1 Like

For the first case of static action, I think there’s a Fixlet in BES Support site called 'Reset BES Client’s or something, think it would work.