How to prompt user to enter the Machine name

Hi All,
what customisations are possible to prompt a user for the Machine name, during Imaging process. Deployment of WIndows 7.

Hello,
I assume that it is a bare metal deployment scenario, if so you might edit the properties of your Win7 bare metal profile and enable “Prompt end user for hostname” setting. In this way a prompt will be shown to the user to set the hostname at deployment time.

Regards, Luca

1 Like

Thanks Luca,
I don’t know how I missed it.

Regards
Kanik Garg

Hello lgimondo,

Is there a way to prompt for an hostname directly after selecting the Deploy Profile ?
Thx

Hi,
if I understand correctly, you mean that you don’t want to wait for the WinPE to be loaded, right?
Regards,
Sergio

Yes that’s it. Is it possible ?
Thx
Robin

Actually not but I if you want to give a specific hostname to each target computer without leveraging on the hostname rule that can be set in the bare metal profile, you can use the bare metal targets ->
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS63NW_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.lifecycle.doc/Lifecycle/OSD_Users_Guide/c_managing_bare_metal_targets.html#c_managing_bare_metal_targets__changeset
With fixlet 350 you can set the hostname to the target computer before sending the deployment task, then it will run completely unattended.
Thanks.

Thanks for reply,
But that’s not what I’m looking for.
I will then wait that he prompt for hostname :smiley:
I was thinking there will be a pattern or something we could add on the manual tab in the “Bare metal profile properties”

Thx

Robin