How to preload some fixlet on Relay

Hi,
I have created many packages with images of MS Office (and therefore quite large) and that I will have to distribute in the next months. How can I preload these fixlets on all my Relays so that when I run it they will already be in the Relays cache?
Thanks

If you deploy your fixlets with a start date in the future when you want/need to install Office, and have the fixlet set to start client downloads before constraints are satisfied, that should allow both relays and endpoints to precache the files. If you also have peernest enabled, that will allow the files to also be shared within the local subnets so the hit on the WAN is less than if using remote relays.

Hy SLB,
Ok, I already thought about that too. But I thought of it as a workaround. So there is no direct way to preload the Relays?
Thank you

I see there is a File Precache wizard in the BES Support site, maybe that will help you accomplish your goals. I didn’t even know that existed so I have learnt something new today :smiley:

1 Like

You can either use the precache wizard, or create your own task to perform the downloads (but not execute anything).

Be sure not to run it so far in advance that the content you have cached becomes stale through la k of use and becomes a lead candidate to be flushed out of the cache.

2 Likes

Hi guys,
Thank you so much for your valuable advice. The precache wizard is exactly what I wanted.
Thank you again

You can use the File Pre-Cache Wizard to load all the installers on the Relays ahead of your deployment.

https://support.hcltechsw.com/csm?id=kb_article&sysparm_article=KB0087251

Just make sure you configure the size of your relays cache to a reasonable value so the files can be cached without replacement happening.

1 Like