How to patch office 365 without disturbing network bandwidth?

Need help in setting up this from big fix

We deploy using CDN, set to Deferred Channel (Semi-annual) and enable auto updates via BigFix (also through CDN). We monitor installations and versions via the Analysis. Updates don’t all happen at the same time so we’re not seeing any issue. Very low management and administration on our end. The installs are nothing more than our XML file and the setup.exe (ODT).

I will say that Microsoft’s CDN doesn’t seem to be “near” our ASIA locations, so for deployment of O365 itself, we send a traditional package. For example, a CDN install in China takes 1:10 where a traditional distribution takes about 0:10.

Thanks for the useful information. Will try and get back to you

@AlexaVonTess
Can not enable auto updates as we are managing server environment , we need apply patches only during monthly patch window.
Right now, We are downloading patches manually and copying to shared location and then triggering command OfficeC2RClient.exe /update USERdisplaylevel=False using a BigFix Task on specific day and time to take patches from shared location. this is working fine as all Servers are registered with share location information but i need to fine tune the process and avoid the manual effort every month.
Any further suggestion will be helpful for me. thank you!

If auto updates are disabled, you have no option to just deploy security updated. The BigFix content that comes out to upgrade Office versions may only be the security/feature updates. I’ll have to check those fixlets to be sure.

Another option would be use ODT with your own internal share; basically create and maintain your own CDN. Then your systems look there for updates and will only get the updates that you place there. That may not be realistic if your servers are geographically separated.

we are using this method currently by downloading patches from MS [ Monthly ] and copy to our own internal share.
then execute command “OfficeC2RClient.exe /update USERdisplaylevel=False” via big fix on all clients during patching weekend to take patches from internal share.
All client’s registry {HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\Configuration]" “UpdateUrl”} updated to get patch from internal share.

Servers are taking patches without any issue but problem is that they all need to be login while applying patch or else won’t take patches, so after i execute command immediately login to all 300 servers using remote desktop in one shot and leave servers to take patches.

looks like wasting time in manual efforts to i need best practice to make this fully automate.

What about building a PowerShell script that runs as a user account to execute the update? Then you could either kick that off via BigFix or a scheduled task.