How to execute custom scan.

Hi All,

Can I run a custom scan from BFI console on a particular device to get the latest inventory details?

E.g after removing some software I want to see if it is still reflecting or not.

Thanks,
Milind

I think you would have to trigger a new scan from the BigFix console, not the BFI site.

@milind.teli - @jgstew is correct. The only thing you can do from BFI itself, is force the endpoint to upload the scan results (starting from v9.2.12)

Refreshing scan data on a computer through the Support Page
When the software scan, capacity scan, or VM Manager Tool scan finishes successfully on a particular computer but its results are not uploaded to the BigFix server, you can force upload of the data. You can do it directly from BigFix Inventory without the need of accessing the BigFix console and running a separate fixlet for each type of scan. For more information, see: Troubleshooting problems with computers.

Hey,

Thank you for your response. can you please provide me steps to perform the get the updated scan on a particular server.
Thanks,
Milind

See the documentation here: https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/inventory/Inventory/probdet/t_using_log_collector.html#ariaid-title3

Hey,

Thanks for the documents I tried it with my admin ID but computer support data option is not showing. as I checked only this account is having all admin rights still it is not showing.

In another case we have shutdown the server and I want to remove the software scan which is still showing in report how can I delete it?