How to escape double quotes in relevance

(imported topic written by rahul_t91)

Hi in my relevance I need to search for a line in a reg file that is in the application directory, how do I do that ? Can someone help please

The req file has the following line –

“bGroupActivate”=dword:00000000

How do I do the following in my relevance -

(not exists lines containing bGroupActivate"=dword:00000001 of file “XYZ.reg” of folder (“C:\Program Files (x86)\ABC”))

(imported comment written by NoahSalzman)

Try %22 instead of the quote character:

(not exists lines containing “%22bGroupActivate%22=dword:00000001” of file “XYZ.reg” of folder (“C:\Program Files (x86)\ABC”))

(imported comment written by rahul_t91)

Thanks for the response noah,

I did try %22 before based upon this posting I found on the site http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=635, however this does not seem to work. I should get False answer to the following, but I am getting True.

q: not exists lines containing “%22bGroupActivate%22=dword:00000000” of file “XYZ.reg” of folder (“C:\Program Files (x86)\ABC”)

A: True

T: 0.640 ms

I: singular Boolean

(imported comment written by jessewk)

You relevance is correctly escaping the quotes. I think you have a different problem. Are you sure a line containing exactly that string exists in XYZ.reg?

Jesse

Thanks Jesse, checked in relevance debugger, lines in a reg file are not being read. I have modified the relevance based upon date modified for the file. Thanks for replying…

(imported comment written by jessewk)

Hi Rahul,

There’s no normal reason the relevance debugger wouldn’t be able to read lines from a reg file. What happens if you evaluate this:

lines of file “XYZ.reg” of folder (“C:\Program Files (x86)\ABC”)

Jesse

Jesse, the entire reg file comes emtpy with some weird characters for the first line.

q: lines of file “z:\XYZ.reg”

A: ÿþW

A:

A:

A:

(imported comment written by MattBoyd)

You could check the encoding…

1. Open the .reg file in notepad.

2. Go to File ->Save As…

3. Next to the Save button should be an Encoding pulldown. Select ANSI.

4. Try the lines of file “z:\XYZ.reg” relevance again.

Thanks Boyd, changing it to ANSI from default Unicode format seems to work for resolving with Relevance Debugger. Most likely I am not going to change the reg file encolding format as the file is part of an application directory and will need to consult the App Dev team. I was able to change the relevance code based upon creation date, i.e. (now - creation time of file “z:\XYZ.reg” > 60*day)