How to copy files from Network share

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

I am trying to copy files from a server (ex. \server\share name\my directory\my files (please note the path there are spaces)) to a workstation “C:\Folder”. There are 5 files in the network share that need to be placed on several workstations, can I use .? Thank you

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey Alfred,

For your action, you can use the dos copy command. Something like this would be your action:

dos copy “\server\share name\my directory\my files*.*” “C:\folder”

However, it is important to note that the agent will not have access to this share folder unless the share is set up as a “null session share”.

Ben

(imported comment written by chenbr91)

Its best to publish the shares via http and use the following as an example. It is what i use for all my “core” files that need to be on every computer.

http://mywebserver/core/module/version/versionnumber/module.exe

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Brian

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Ben Kus

For your action, you can use the dos copy command. Something like this would be your action:

dos copy “\server\share name\my directory\my files*.*” “C:\folder”

Won’t the BigFix copy command work too? I have a couple of tasks that

seem

to be working. The example below forces a client to grab a new copy of the SAV GRC file directly from the server.

copy “\dpjpasav\VPHOME\Groups\Banta\GRC.DAT” “{pathname of parent folder of windows folder}\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\GRC.DAT”

(imported comment written by brolly3391)

Rames,

If the share allows anonymous access then the BES client will be able to use the native copy command as you described.

Cheers,

Brolly

(imported comment written by golfdeacon91)

All,

Configuring the file share for null session access opens a security hole. What other solution exist if your site does not allow null session configution?

Brad

(imported comment written by jessewk)

Our recommendation is to host the file on the BES server or other web server and distribute through the relays using the normal download/prefetch command.

If you search around the forum for ‘null session’ you’ll find more details about the recommend solution and why it’s better than null sessions, security being one of several good reasons.

Jesse

(imported comment written by bravo00991)

pleased after visiting the site. i also face with the same problem that is copying from the network share. now it’s clear to me how to do this. :slight_smile:

(imported comment written by andyt91)

bravo009

pleased after visiting the site. i also face with the same problem that is copying from the network share. now it’s clear to me how to do this. :slight_smile:

I used the RunAsCurrentUser.exe bigfix tool to access the user’s credentials in order to copy files to their LAN drives.