How did your deployment of Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade version 1607 go?

Do you have a screenshot or log of the failure? That might help in solving the problem. Also, have you configured the Cache Size of the client to be larger than required space?

Have you configured your BigFix deployment to use a custom repository for Patches for Windows?

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS6MER_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.patch.doc/Patch/Patch_Windows/c_using_the_custom_repository_setting_feature.html

Is anyone still paying attention to this thread? Hope so!
Anyway, We’re just planning our 1607 deployment. Bix suggests using the repository, but it doesn’t seem to be required. I am having trouble finding information on alternatives. Is the alternative to simply create a task / baseline and push that out?

Thanks for any help…new to BigFix.

You are right that custom repository is not required.
You can manually cache the Win 10 1607 ISO to the server and deploy the corresponding fixlet.

You can refer the fixlet’s description for more information about manual cache and deployment process.

Let me know if you have more questions.

I downloaded the ISO from our MSFT License site. Copied it to our BigFix Server. Changed it’s name to the SHA1 value and pasted it in the sha1 cache folder. Pushed the Fixlet to 2 test machines. The Cached on Server status of the download was successful, so the SHA1 file was recognized. Now the status has been at “Pending Downloads” for quite some time. It’s a 4GB file, so it can take some time I suppose. I will update on the completion status.

I noticed that there are fixlets for this update for pretty much every flavor of Windows 10, but not the one we’re using. We are using Win 10 LTSB version N. It looks like the relevance is using the edition ID from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion which our version identifies as “EnterpriseSN”.

Is there a plan to add an upgrade fixlet for this version or was it excluded purposely? My prior comment on this thread about this not being applicable to LTSB is wrong, we’d like to move folks to 1607 if possible without reimaging.

I just realized someone else mentioned that BigFix versions below 9.5.3 cannot properly identify Windows 10 installations - I see the fixlet that should be relevant for my environment, I am guessing an upgrade will solve this.

The Client needs to be 9.2.5 to correctly ID a Windows 10 install, but yes to distinguish between the various Windows 10 installs you will need 9.5.3 or later.