How can i show which path is used

Hi there,

i am trying to determine the paths of these C:\IBM\WINCOLLECT" or "C:\Program Files\IBM\WINCOLLECT
on all the servers we have. How can i setup an analyst to report this.

I think you need to be more specific. If you are just trying to see if either path exists then you just need to see if the folder exists which is very easy in relevance

1 Like

Yes, trying to see if either path exists. not sure how to create that relevance.

All you do is create the object and say “exists”

exists folder "C:\IBM\WINCOLLECT"

Thank you for that Alan

The bigfix developer site has some great guides for relevance (And links to tools that help you test relevance:

https://developer.bigfix.com/relevance/guide/

Check it out – it’ll help you navigate the relevance waters!

This would check for all 3 relevant locations:

exists folders "IBM\WINCOLLECT" of (it; folders "Program Files" of it; folders "Program Files (x86)") of folders "C:"
  • “C:\IBM\WINCOLLECT”
  • “C:\Program Files\IBM\WINCOLLECT”
  • “C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WINCOLLECT”

This would also allow you to dynamically check for files in any of those 3 locations:

files of folders "IBM\WINCOLLECT" of (it; folders "Program Files" of it; folders "Program Files (x86)") of folders "C:"

Thanks James,

James, i now need to perform these updates, this is advanced code for me.

in those paths can these be coded

“C:\IBM\WINCOLLECT”
“C:\Program Files\IBM\WINCOLLECT”
"C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WINCOLLECT\

1. Stop the WinCollect service.
  2. Go to the WinCollect LOGS folder*.
  3. Rename WinCollect_System.LOG to WinCollect_System01.LOG.
  4. Rename WinCollect_Code.LOG to WinCollect_Code01.LOG.
  5. Go to the WinCollect CONFIG folder.
  6. Rename Console.PEM to Console.OLD.
  7. Restart the WinCollect service.

Thanks

Do you have a batch file or command line commands that do all of this? If so, then it shouldn’t take much to wrap that up into a bigfix action.

i’d like to piggy back off this to ask another question regarding win collect and relevance. I’m in the process of rolling it out, so I need relevance to be able to show me what machines do not have it installed so I can deploy it. When I tried the relevance in this post it didn’t work.