How are you handling the recovery partition update KB5034439 on servers\workstations?

hey everyone,

So trying to figure this one out. I know that ms released a fix to run a powershell script that fixes the issue, but we’re not running powershell scripts on all our servers and workstations to make this work (unless there’s a bigfix way of accomplishing this).

Most of the machines that we’ve had issues installing the update have a 533 mb recovery partition with 100% free space, the requirement is 250mb yet it fails, like this particular 2022 server:

How is everyone handling these updates?

kb for server: KB5034439: Windows Recovery Environment update for Windows Server 2022: January 9, 2024 - Microsoft Support

I’m not sure that the partition size is the only thing that could break the script - have you tried to run it manually on some of the systems where it failed? Did it give any useful output messages?

We just want to be able to run the fixlet on applicable machines and install instead of having to run PowerShell scripts on the machines to extend the winRE partition:

Again, what we’re seeing are disks with 500± mb of space on the recovery partition but the fixlet fails. I just want to know how the rest of the community is applying these recovery partition patches for servers and desktops without additional intervention.