High CPU usage on 2008 R2 due to Bigfix client consumed 100%

HI All, I saw an issue on close to 300+ servers and caused patching to halt. The jobs expired due to 100% cpu utilization on clients due to BES client process consumed 100% on those servers. I checked at the same point the root server was at 100% CPU utilization and console also had high number of actions. By analyzing the client logs I am not able to find the issue that what caused the CPU utilization to got high till 100% causing patching process to halt? Please share thoughts on this as to what might have checked to be remediated in this issue.

What patches were installed during and just before the high CPU usage?

Did you see the high CPU utilization both on Root Server and on Client machines?
What BigFix version are you running?

Yes I saw 100% CPU utilization on client and root server. we are at 9.5.10 and the patches which we were installing were MS20 March Patches (Cumulative).

How do you target the computer for applying the patches?
Through properties or by device names?
How many devices do you target?

Through automation, we have a customized it through another CA tools which picks the list stored at Bigfix server in the form of CSV and deploys the action on console for whole week and it picks the servers names with their computer ID’s so its not through properties, its by computer ID of the server.

9.5.10 is a pretty old version so you might consider upgrading.

I recall having an issue several years ago the BESClient used high CPU after a .NET Framework update, but I don’t know whether that was widespread or just me. It cleared after rebooting.

I hope we shall be allowed to upgrade however, rebooting resolved on few but some servers gave us the hard time and reached to 100% after reboot and BESclient caused the high CPU on them…

Do you have AntiVirus running on these systems? If so, can you please exclude it from scanning the BESClient folders?
Please, have a look here https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Real%20Time%20AV%20Exclusions/comment/2b68dd02-71b8-4900-b02d-a92115f4f2d7