High Availability (HA) Support for BigFix SCA and Cluster Configuration

Hello everyone,

I am currently exploring the possibilities of setting up BigFix Security and Compliance Analytics (SCA) in a High Availability (HA) environment. I wanted to know if BigFix SCA supports HA, and whether it is possible to configure BigFix SCA on a cluster server.

Any insights, best practices, or documentation regarding setting up SCA in a clustered environment would be greatly appreciated.

In general we have MS SQL AG support available for the platform, with cluster management possible. Is this the sort of thing you are looking to set up for SCA?

Hi @bigfix.mark ,

I would like to inquire about the following regarding the support and configuration of BigFix Security and Compliance Analytics (SCA):

1. Application-Level Support on Windows Cluster:
    Does BigFix SCA support being configured on a Windows Server Failover Cluster at the application level? If so, are there any specific guidelines or prerequisites for setting up SCA in this environment?
  2. Database Configuration with Always On Availability Groups:
    Will the SCA databases work seamlessly with SQL Server Always On Availability Groups (AG)? Can we configure the databases to use an AG listener for high availability and failover purposes?

Please provide your thoughts on above two queries.

Can you please provide more details why you are exploring HA for SCA? Knowing more details about it may help us provide you some workable alternatives.

In general, SCA application will not work in a clustered environment. It can work with a clustered MS SQL AG just like BigFix platform. Recommended setup will be to have an active-passive kind of setup of MS SQL.

Let me know if any further questions on this.