Hiding username and password in Action Script

Hello All, in am trying to achieve network copy using net use and xcopy command which requires username and password to pass through action script. I am looking for a solution by which i can hide these information in action script.
Please help me to achieve this.

“”"
waithidden cmd.exe /C net use \\10.2.34.56\d$ /user: username password

“”"

You’ll want to utilize secret parameters to achieve this. Check out Bigfix secret parameter. This links to a BES file that gives an example of how to use secret parameters.

3 Likes

Thanks SLB for your help. But i am not getting how to use this parameter to create a box for password in description area and how i can pass it. Please help.

Hello Subhrajit,

Here is sample action script which you can use

override wait
runas=localuser
user=perform
password=required

wait /bin/bash -c /var/Service1.sh
delete /var/Service1.sh

@SubhrajitPyne, if you import the example BES file to your environment and issue it to a test machine after typing in some text in the input box, you should see the file C:\secret appear on the endpoint your issued the action to and the contents of the file should be the text you entered into the input box. The string will not show anywhere in the agent logs as its a secret parameter. You can use that fixlet as a template for your own requirements, just using the {parameter "secret" of action} to suitably in your actionscript when you need to use the password securely.