Hi all I am unable to set up " restart computers" through bigfix

Hi all I am unable to set up " restart computers" through bigfix. Can any one suggest me, how to process to restart activity for desktops as well as servers through the fixlet.

Note: this is not related “pending restart” or “restart needs” activity. it is just a test activity that need to perform on only restart the computers which are reflecting in the console.

You can send a restart with your action. If you just leave your action blank, then it will just reboot.

You do have a message then on the computer.

If you don’t want a message, I believe you can easily use a dos commando like:

dos shutdown -r -t 0

Be careful of using shutdown commands like this. Sometimes they are a bit harsh and don’t give the client time to actually shut down cleanly and some data might be corrupted.

See https://developer.bigfix.com/action-script/reference/client/shutdown.html to perform a shutdown in actionscript

3 Likes

Also, mind the “Set Deadline” box at the bottom of the Post-Action tab. If you leave the default of 1 day, if the user chooses to not reboot, they can delay the reboot for up to 24 hours. If you select 1 minute and take the action, they will get the pop-up and in 1 minute, reboot occurs.

i am trying to find the action script to reboot all windows machine via bigfix. I have all other parameters set the way they need to be., I just need the action script. Anyone have anything?

you could just use

restart

for example

restart 300

will count down 5 minutes using the restart dialog.

1 Like

is that all i need to put in the action script box?

yup

restart and the time in seconds.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks. I will try that