Help with Custom Report

(imported topic written by troz)

Hi all!

I am creating a custom report and I would like it to return a bunch of properties when it is executed. Every time I try to run it I get the error “The operator “equal” is not defined.” I’m using the excel plugin to get the code. Can anyone help me out?

(        item 0 of it as string  & 
"$x$" & item 1 of it as string  & 
"$x$" & item 2 of it as string  & 
"$x$" & item 3 of it as string ) of ( (

if (exists result (item 0 of it, item 1 of it) and exists values of result (item 0 of it, item 1 of it) ) then (concatenation 
"##" of values of result (item 0 of it, item 1 of it)) 

else (
"<none>")), (

if (exists result (item 0 of it, item 2 of it) and exists values of result (item 0 of it, item 2 of it) ) then (concatenation 
"##" of values of result (item 0 of it, item 2 of it)) 

else (
"<none>")), (

if (exists result (item 0 of it, item 3 of it) and exists values of result (item 0 of it, item 3 of it) ) then (concatenation 
"##" of values of result (item 0 of it, item 3 of it)) 

else (
"<none>")), (

if (exists result (item 0 of it, item 4 of it) and exists values of result (item 0 of it, item 4 of it) ) then (concatenation 
"##" of values of result (item 0 of it, item 4 of it)) 

else (
"<none>"))) of ( elements of intersection of ( (sets of items 0 of (computers of it, values whose (it as lowercase contains 
"troz") of it) of results of bes property 
"Primary User")), bes property whose (name of it = 
"MP3 Installed" and id of it = (2147495536, 118, 1)), bes property whose (name of it = 
"Computer Name" and id of it = (2147495536, 4, 1)), bes property 
"Installed Applications Aduit", bes property 
"Current User Printers")

(imported comment written by Lee Wei)

Hello Steve,

The relevance looks legit, so it might be something relating to data or your deployment.

I sent you a Network Invite connection.

Get in touch and I will help you debug, as I am curious…

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by troz)

Thanks for the reply! I accepted your Netwrok Connect inventation but i’m not sure what that means. lol

What version of the BES Console for the Excel Connector 3.3.1 to work? I seem to be getting a lot of those not defined errors while using the Excel Connector.

This works:

(it) of ( (

if (exists result (item 0 of it, item 1 of it) and exists values of result (item 0 of it, item 1 of it) ) then (concatenation 

else (
"<none>"))) of ( elements of intersection of ( (sets of items 0 of (computers of it, values whose (it as lowercase contains 
"Primary User")), bes property 
"Installed Applications Aduit")

But this doesn’t

(it) of ( (

else (
"Primary User")), bes property whose (name of it = 
"Computer Name" and id of it = (2147495536, 4, 1)))

Thanks

(imported comment written by troz)

So I figured it out…

For some strange reason this part “id of it = (2147495536, 4, 1)” was causing the error. Once I removed all the id properties the error message went away.

Thanks again for wanting to help!

Hi all,

The reason we are getting errors are probably due to BigFix version 7.2.

I just realized from working with someone else that version 7.2 does not take the construct “id of it = (x, y, z)”.

Removing that statement works but is not the right solution, because we are not uniquely selecting the property needed.

The 7.2 construct is:

(item 0 of it = x and item 1 of it = y and item 2 of it = z) of id of it

Thanks to Donald Naismith for helping to point this out.

Lee Wei

Just to close the loop on this. The Excel Connector 3.3.2 fixes the problem described in this thread.

Download Excel Connector version 3.3.2

Lee Wei