Help with BigFix task to search network drive for AutoDesk Revit files

Hey everyone, long time lurker and first time poster, I am relatively new to bigfix and my job has me looking for Autodesk Revit project files “.rvt”, specifically we are trying to find older project files so they can be migrated and updated to the newest revit version. What I am trying to do is find the file path, name of file, and modification time of it.

So far I have a basic action script that runs and creates a .csv file that I can look in Excel, but my issue is that all information is in one row, instead of being split up into three separate columns of Modification Time/Path Name of it/Name of it.

So far I have this.

createfile until __end
{((modification time of it, pathname of it, name of it) of files whose ((name of it ends with “.rvt”)) of (descendant folders of folder “”))}
__end
delete C:\info.csv
copy __createfile C:\info.csv

I also tried this:

createfile until __end
{("%22" & pathname of it & “%22”,"%22" & name of it & “%22”,"%22" & modification time of it as string & “%22” & “%0A”) of files whose (name of it ends with “.rvt”) of (descendant folders of folder “”)}
__end
delete C:\inforevit.csv
copy __createfile C:\inforevit.csv

This splits it up into several columns but it truncates the file path and dates and names of the files incorrectly.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Try

{concatenation "%0d%0a" of ("%22" & concatenation "%22, %22" of ( pathname of it ; name of it ; modification time of it as string) & "%22") of files whose (name of it ends with ".rvt") of (descendant folders of folder "<Network Drive Path>")}

That should concatenate the pathname, name, and modification time of each with doublequotes and commas, and concatenate each result with Carriage Return/Line Feed

2 Likes

Another approach is to leverage a script to perform the search. Here’s a link to a sample which could be extended based on your requirements:

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21505913

1 Like

Your suggestion worked great! Thanks again!

Thank you for the script sample Aram, I will give it a look.