Help understanding relevance

(imported topic written by vincent.h)

Hi, Can someone help me understand a bit of relevance and what it means?

There’s two things I’m uncertain about.

1. What is “platform id” inspector? I can see from the following description of platform id of operating system, that it can return two values 1 = win95/98 and 2 = winNT. Are there other values that it can return? What are those values? http://support.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/inspectorsearch/single_inspector.cgi?cpx=p&keyphrase=platform+id+of+%26lt%3Boperating+system%26gt%3B&type=operating+system&win=WinSkip&lin=LinSkip&hpux=HPUXSkip&mac=MacSkip&aix=AIXSkip&sol=SolSkip&wm=WMSkip&ubu=UbuSkip&client=on&core=on&session=on&regex=on
  2. It seems that maybe the inspector documentation is out of date? See example below which is the power site relevance. What is platform id of operating system != 3? (what does the value 3 represent?)
  3. I’m trying to understand what “in proxy agent context” is. There isn’t a description of this in the documentation at all.

(if( name of operating system starts with “Win” ) then platform id of operating system != 3 else true) AND (if exists property “in proxy agent context” then ( not in proxy agent context ) else true )

For this statement, if a system is a mac, then the first part of the relevance is true. What does the second part evaluate to? "
if

exists
property
"in proxy agent context"

then
(
not
in proxy agent context )
else

true
)"

Can someone help walk me through this relevance and examples? Thanks!

I’m trying to break down my understanding of the relevance so that I can understand what systems this relevance would evaluate to true. Will mobile OS’s or Mac systems satisfy this relevance statement?

(imported comment written by jgstew)

All computers will be relevant to:

(if( name of operating system starts with “Win” ) then platform id of operating system != 3 else true) AND (if exists property “in proxy agent context” then ( not in proxy agent context ) else true )

Unless it is a (Windows computer with Platform ID of OS = 3) OR if it is any computer “in proxy agent context”

This means that nearly 100% of all computers should be relevant to a task with this relevance since these are not typical cases.