Help - "The following computer group names no longer exist"

We are using various Automatic Groups to assign computer management rights to the various operator Roles on our server. This has worked fine for years.

Now when we check Computer Assignments of a role the groups are gone, and we cannot add them back. We can however assign computers to a role by other retrieved properties, like CPU or whatever. It says now instead,

ATTENTION: One or more of the properties and or computer groups that were used to assign management rights to this role no longer exist…

The groups do still exist, we can select them in the “Add” chooser, but they won’t add any more. Most of these groups are from a particular Custom Site with the relevance true, i.e. all computers subscribing to that site.

If the groups still exists but are somehow not working then I think you need to raise a ticket with HCL.

Hi, this issue seems the same as KB0074056 : “BigFix console returns error when trying to assign a computers group from a custom site” that has been injected in 9.5.14 and fixed in the next 9.5.15.
Do you have 9.5.14 version installed?
If yes, please raise a ticket with HCL so that we can deliver the hotfix on top of 9.5.14 version.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll look at the KB if I can find it. We upgraded to 9.5.14 and the issue occurred afterwards, so it would make sense. We’ll raise a ticket to get the hotfix after looking at the KB.

KB0074056, BigFix console returns error when trying to assign a computers group from a custom site