HCL BigFix Platform Support (KVM as hypervisor and OpenNebula as management platform)

Hi,

I’ve got a customer with the following virtualization platform
(KVM as hypervisor and OpenNebula as management platform)

Disks are identified with “Red jat VirtIO SCSI Disk Device” - 10.0.17763.3232
The network is identified with a “Red Hat VirtIO Ethernet Adapter” - 100.92.104.22900

Want to know if this configuration is supported and tested by HCL and the community

Thanks!

Depends a lot on what you mean “supported and tested”.

If you just mean for the Platform server/agent, our compatibility list doesn’t get down to the level of network cards or storage devices. Basically if the operating system supports the devices, the agent can use it.

How well it’s supported depends on each module though, so you may need to list out what you’re interested in doing. For instance Server Automation has content for creating snapshots or cloning machines with VMWare and, I think, Hyper-V, but does not for KVM.

We may need someone from Inventory to weigh in on whether Inventory can correlate host-to-VM mappings for tracking capacity licenses or PVUs, if you’re doing Inventory.

(That said, my own homelab is running on KVM with ProxMox, and works great, but I haven’t implemented every module on it yet)

1 Like

Thanks @JasonWalker!
"(That said, my own homelab is running on KVM with ProxMox, and works great, but I haven’t implemented every module on it yet)" that’s what I needed to hear :slight_smile: I’ll continue testing with the customer