Hardware Inventory - missing RAM property

I have the option to create my own Computer Property in BFI, but I don’t see RAM/Memory data anywhere by default. Is there a reason why RAM is not a column property in the Hardware Inventory report?

That should be there. What version are you running?

The default properties available OOB are Operating System, DNS Name, Computer Name, and IP Address.

When you add the property RAM to the list of Computer Properties in BFI, and run an import, it will become available as a column in the Computer section of the Configure View dialog in the Hardware Inventory report.

I’m running 9.2.15.0 I will create the custom computer property but I expected it to exist OOB from the Hardware Inventory data.

True. You don’t need to add RAM as an individual computer property anymore. I have to check but I think there is a hardware scan or analysis that collects that info for use in the Hardware Inventory report.

From a licensing perspective, CPU and Cores are key for determining software utilization in a virtualized environment, so they are part of the base data for Hardware Inventory (VM Hosts and Guests).

Hard to say why RAM is not a default Computer property, but the more properties you import, the longer the process will take.

Dang. Thats right. Its the CPU info that there now and not RAM. So yeah… add that as a property.