"Hack" to force property to evaluate before its frequency has been reached

I looked into this a very long time ago but don’t think I ever found a solution (and things may have changed), so thought I’d ask. Is there a way to force a property to update that is not due for update? Been troubleshooting/fixing some Multicloud correlation issues and it turns our “unique id” only updates once a month, so have to wait up-to a month just to see a problem cleared - seems excessive.

Not sure if you disable and then re-enable the analysis will do the trick…

2 Likes

I think there are 2 ways to do it. The first is, as DanieleColi says, disable/re-enable the analysis, which will make the property refresh on all applicable clients. The other one is, from a fixlet, to execute the command “notify client ForceRefresh”, which will make the client refresh all properties.
Would be nice if it was possible to refresh a specific property on chosen clients, but that is not possible right now, as far as I now.

1 Like

Thanks, I did both suggestions at the same time but between them it cleared the problem.

Please feel free to vote for this idea I posted regarding this issue.

https://bigfix-ideas.hcltechsw.com/ideas/BFP-I-339

2 Likes

Is this different than right-clicking on a computer in the Console and selecting “Send Refresh” or just another way to do it via Fixlet?

The right click method just signals the device over udp/52311

The action method will also generate the udp notification, but if the client does not/ can not receive udp the client will then find the action at its next polling interval