Guides for deploying WIn10 Feature Updates

Hi,
I see Fixlet ID 1111574 "Windows 10 Business Editions Version 20H2 Available - Windows 10 (65) (English (United States))

The details state: This Fixlet requires downloading the Windows 10 ISO image before deploying the Fixlet. You can use a custom repository to do so. Once this Fixlet completes, restart the target to complete the upgrade process.

Are there any guides for this? Specifically setting up the windows 10 ISO (not sure where to obtain for 20H2), as well as Custom Repositories?

Thanks

Hi,

1. You can download ISO image from microsoft
  2. Check the sha1,sha256 and size value of downloaded ISO file
  3. Rename ISO file into sha1 value (remove .ISO extension also)
  4. Upload renamed file into the root server under the sha1 folder
  5. Make custom copy of fixlet 1111574 and modify prefetch block (name , sha1 , size , url , sha256) also replace name and sha1 value in the script where ever is there.
  6. Deploy custom fixlet endpoints
2 Likes

Hi,
So I was able to get the hash and place it in the correct folder.
Looking at the fixlet itself, its showing information already in there for an iso file, guessing its just placeholder.
I replaced that with the name of the .iso file as well as replaced any SHA1 values and updated the SHA256 value as well to match.
I attempted to deploy it to a test machine that was relevant, but it has been sitting at pending download for about 5 hours now. Machine is online, and I’m not seeing any network activity between the computer and bigfix. Any logs I could check?

Hi.

• have you checked download status of the action it showing cached on server or any error ?
  • if download status is cached on server then check the sha1 folder of relay where the client machine is pointed

Don’t have any download status of the action. All It says is “Pending download” I stopped the action this morning
I checked the SHA1 folder on the relay, its not in there.

Should I just open a support ticket?

Hi ajohnson,

In my case it is working fine, you can open ticket they will guide you . and one more thing if you are using life cycle you have option to do OS upgrade using in place upgrade fixlet (fixlet ID 202). try this one also

I have a support case going.
Thanks for the help

Thanks for this help.