Google Chrome Usage Data not imported into BF Inventory

Hello,

We have daily data imports in BFI and when we run a usage per computer report for google chrome, there are no usage data recorded for windows endpoints but there is for Mac endpoints. Now, this is one of many software examples where usage data is not getting collected. Now, in BigFix console, when we look up the application usage statistics for a windows endpoint, google chrome usage data is there but for some reason just not getting imported into BFI. We are getting usage data on other software’s on windows but not all of them. Example of the report shown below.

We have already opened a ticket with HCL support but it’s taking a while for them to figure it out. I was wondering if someone else had this issue and if yes, what was the solution?

I did not notice before but we have the same issue with Chrome on Windows computers. I do not have any Mac computers I can check.

Our Usage Per Computer report also does show data for FireFox if I filter for ‘Product Name contains FireFox’ instead of Chrome. We are using Inventory version 10.0.5.

This was the answer we got from HCL:

“We do not document which signatures do, or do not, include usage. We do document that we only report usage for components that have usage signatures. In this case, the windows signature is based on package data (vs file system scan), which is based on registry data (vs an exe file, etc), so that explains it.”

1 Like

@gregoryjj Thanks for the update from HCL.