Getting error 1921

Getting error while installing bigfix

Error 1921.Service BES Client(BesClient) could not be stopped .verify that you have sufficient privileged to stop system services.

Hi!
Did you check your actual permissions? on Linux you need root (or sudo) and on windows you need Admin privileges.
Moreover: if installing… looks that installer thinks BigFix is already there and it may have been locked

Andrea

Hi,

I am trying to install through the admin ID only, and we have removed the existing version through the Bes Remover

Well, I think that some more information about the context is needed.

What kind of installation method are you using (silent/interactive)? What OS?

You say you removed previous installation with BES Remover, but as the installer thinks something of BESClient is still around, are you sure nothing has been locked by some kind of usage (memory or multiple users? normally it is not required, but was a reboot done?). Other bigfix components on the same system?

Maybe some more information is available from the installer log: what information is available before the error line?

Hello everyone

We experienced the same problem on our environment as well. Initially, the client was installed, but it was not reporting to the root server. We removed the BigFix client, and now when I try to install it again, same problem arises.Kindly let me know if you know how to address this problem.