Get status; "Not Reported"

Hi,

Is it possible to get the status from target using session relevance?

I’ve tried the following but get noting back when using either , status of it as string or using the bar operator in the below example:

("Instance: " & “inst”, "ActionID: " & id of it as string, "Name: " & name of it, "State: " & state of it, "Issued: " & time issued of it as string, "Stopped: " & (time stopped of it as string | “null”), "IssuedBy: " & name of issuer of it, ("Target: " & item 0 of it & " | " & item 1 of it) of (name of computer of it | “n/a”, "Status: " & (detailed status of it | “Not Reported”) & “%0d%0a”) of results of it) of bes actions whose (name of it contains “ActionName”)

Thanks,

Tony

Sorry but the original question should be Is it possible to get the “Not Reported” status from target using session relevance?

I’m afraid I won’t be able to dig into it for a while, but maybe it would be helpful to know that "<Not Reported>" is not actually a bes action result object, but the lack of one;

What I think you would need to do is to retrieve the targeted computer list for the action, iterate to find which of those have results and use the result; or if the computer does not have a result, supply the literal string “Not Reported” instead.

Thanks for your response Jason!

Hi Jason,

Thanks for you response. You wouldn’t happen to have an example on how to do this by any chance would you?

consider Action Status

https://developer.bigfix.com/relevance/reference/bes-action-status.html#bes-action-status-unreported-bes-action-status

As Jason mentioned, for actions that target dynamically, you should never see a status of Not reported.

However, for actions that target by computer name, you may see Not reported status in the console until the targeted computer’s BigFix agent sends it’s first report of action status.

Your original relevance should pull Not Reported status as well as the other statuses, like Fixed or Running