Get PST file sizes

For some reason I can’t get the file size of PST files. Can someone give me a quick Analyses to simply get PST file sizes and location from descendants of c:\users?

The ones offered previously here aren’t giving the desired output.

really need help!

Thanks,
Sno.

A search through a large number of subdirectories is problematic in pure Relevance because the search can take a long time and hang the client from processing anything else until it’s finished.

I’d lean toward an Action that uses shell commands or powershell script to search the disk and save the results to an output file, and an Analysis to parse the results of the output file.

The example at Outlook PST Size looks good to me, have you tried this method, and if so, where did you have trouble?

not having much luck. I can’t believe it’s this challenging.

Thanks.

Well, you haven’t said what you’re trying or how the results are wrong, so it’s difficult to determine where you’re going wrong.

Give this a go…

size of files whose (name of it as lowercase ends with ".pst" AND (pathname of it as lowercase starts with "c:\documents and settings\user\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook" OR pathname of it as lowercase starts with "d:\documents and settings\user\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook")) of drives whose (drive type of it = "DRIVE_FIXED")

still no luck. Erroring out on DRIVE_FIXED section. thanks.

says Operator Drive Type is not defined

this actually works at giving me the location, I just need to add more to it to get the file size. I’d be all set if I could get that!

thanks.

this actually works at giving me the location, I just need to add more to it to get the file size. I’d be all set if I could get that! almost there.

thanks.

this is what actually works, I just have to get the PST size now, then I will be all set.

pathnames of find files “*.pst” of (descendant folders of folder “c:\users”)

this is what actually works, I just have to get the PST size now, then I will be all set and good to go.

pathnames of find files “*.pst” of (descendant folders of folder “c:\users”)

(pathname of it, size of it) of find files "*.pst" of (descendant folders of folder "c:\users")

Just be careful to set the analysis to only evaluate once a day or once a week, this will consume a lot of resources when it evaluates.

2 Likes