Get Computer ID from Mac or Win Serial Number in Rest API

I need to get some info through the BigFix Rest API. I am successful when I know the ID already, but I’m looking for a way to get the info starting with the computer’s serial number. I am stuck on the correct session relevance query. I figure I get ID with this unknown relevance, then do a second API call to get all the details I need using that ID.

Something like:
(id of it, name of it, last report time of it) of bes computers whose (value of result from (bes property "Serial Number - Mac OS X" = "C02XF708JG5J") or whose (value of result from (bes property "Serial Number - Windows" = "C02XF708JG5J") ) (I know that ‘or’ is totally wrong, but that’s basicially what I’m looking for.)

Typing on a phone now so I can"t test, but the main thing to know is that a Property has Results, and each Result has both Values and a Computer. So you can work back from the Results to get the associated Computer.

You can also check on two Properties with a construct like

bes properties ("Property name1" ; "PropertyName2")

So I would approach it as

(id of it, name of it, last report time of it) of computers of results whose (value of it = "C02XF708JG5J") of bes properties ("Serial Number - Mac OS X"; "Serial Number - Windows")

1 Like