Get actions by operating system of targeted computers

Hi,
I need help with parsing relevance that will show me names of actions that in targeted machines have at least one machine that has for example one Linux Oracale. I wrote something like this:

(name of it) of bes actions whose (operating system of elements of targeted computer set of it contains “Oracle”)

however it shows me only actions, that in targeted computers have only Oracle Linux machines.

Any idea how to make it more flexible? Thank you in advance!

I might be getting the wrong idea of what you are after here but just to check…

You want to see all of the Oracle and Linux endpoint that have an action relevant for them or an action that has been taken already?

HI,

Action that has been already taken. For example:

Action1 was executed (or still running) on 2 endpoints - some red hat and oracle enterprise linux
Action2 was executed (or still running) on 2 endpoints - 2x oracle enterprise linux

I want my relevance to show both actions because in both there is at least 1 oracle enterprise linux, but in current form, it’s showing only Action2…

Again, I’m not sure if I’m going down the right path here but it sounds to me that you might want to be using Automatic Computer Groups / Filters to report this data.

I perhaps am missing the complexity of your issue but from what I can gather, the info you need can be produced in that way.

Unfortunately that is not the solution for me as I do not control how these actions are being targeted. I need to list them no matter how they were targeted.

I think I’m definitely missing something here hahaha

If you create an automatic computer group to show all endpoints where the OS contains red hat OR oracle (think it might even be OL) and then look at the action history tab when they are reporting, would this not give you what you need? This way it will show all actions, regardless of targeting.

Yes you go completely into different direction. I’m not running these actions and I don;t want to use bigfix console. That’s why I need relevance that will return me actions I want no matter how they were scheduled and how targeted computers were selected… :slight_smile:

I haven’t checked whether your first session relevance is actually correct, but assuming that

(name of it) of bes actions whose (operating system of elements of targeted computer)

…gives the actions targetted only to Oracle, then the following filter should give actions with any targetting for Oracle…

names of bes actions whose (exists operating system whose (it contains "Oracle") of elements of targeted computer set of it contains “Oracle”)

And, I think, the following should give any action with a result for Oracle (which would handle dynamic targeting) (I’m not near a computer to test, so this may need some work)

names of bes actions whose (exists computers whose (operating system of it contains "Oracle") of results of it)

Edit: fixed copy-paste error in first session relevance

1 Like

Thanks Jason, your first proposal with little small change completely satisfies me :slight_smile:

names of bes actions whose (exists operating system whose (it contains "Oracle") of elements of targeted computer set of it)

1 Like