Generate web reports for manual patch

is there a way to generate a report on web reports about the Updates that are being installed on the endpoints which are not deployed through bigfix?

Not easily. You can create a property that retrieves all installed patches from Win32_QuickFixEngineering; then create a custom WR which essentially reads all patches and looks up all KBs installed via the action history (the complication there is that depends how the patches are being deployed - baselines, individual fixlets, etc… it may not be very easy to look up all hotfixes and then actually parse the KB#s for each from the names of the fixlets; even if you get it down, what is your action deletion policy though? Best-practices dictate after a while to delete stopped & expired actions, and as soon as you do you are essentially breaking this report…), and then just subtract the two data sets to see the delta… Up-to you if you want to spend your time on this given the above limitations…

If you have Insights, it may actually be better (more reliable) data source to generate something like this BUT caveat is that it will be a lot more complex (need to build SQL queries to generate the data with similar logic) and then need to create your own representation/UI layer (some kind of BI tool or custom web page).

1 Like

Do you have Compliance or Inventory? I’d expect some options there but I’ll wait until I hear you have those options before I dig into them.

We have both compliance and Inventory.