GatherState.xml is filled up with GatherPending message

Hi!
I am seeing GatherState.xml filled up with a lot of “(Relay/RootServer shutdown while in GatherPending state.)” in the same entry and the status is GatherError. It looks like every restart of the BESServer adds another such message. Normally this is for sites bessupport and ibmlicensereporting.
At one of our customers the BigFix servers are restarted every night, so after a couple of months GatherState.xml looks very messy.
It seems to have started lately, and I am running 10.0.11 at most sites.
Any one having an idea how the get rid of this behaviour?
//Christer

BigFix Server (BESRootServer);by default, Gathering new content every 24 hours. You can change the behavior with BESAdminTool - Edit Masthead

At first, the it will download the content as files and will write the results on GatherState.xml

After successful Gathering it will involve the GatherDB service for importing the new content into the Database.

If you are trying to eliminate errors on GatherState.xml - why restarting the BES Server every night?

It looks like your Gathers are hanging or failing; the message about ‘shutdown with GatherPending’ is, I think, just an indication of your failing Gathers.
The GatherState.xml entry should clear when the site successfully gathers after the restart, but it sounds like that’s not happening.

You should check the GatherDB.log file to look for messages about Gather errors, check the License Overview dashboard in the Console to make sure your license maintenance is up to date, and check whether there are proxy configuration required for your root server to reach our license & gather servers.

I did some tests on my own test machine, which shows the same behaviour.
All the systems having Status=GatherError are airgapped, with BESRelay.log saying “BES Root Server is running in Airgap mode”.
Whenever I stop the BES servers, the state is changed to Pending, but after starting them it is changed to Error.
I have set the server and gather log to be verbose, but cannot find any errors in them.
I have also tried to do a Gather Reset, following this link I got from IBM Support: How to do a gather state reset on a single site - Customer Support (which I cannot find using Google! Maybe it is not correct?)
Nothing made any change.

I think you should open a support ticket and let the team walk you through this. I’d advise against a gather reset on the root server. Is the Airgap Tool working as expected?

Yes, the Airgap Tool is working without any problems. As well as all actions in BigFix, used for ILMT scannings.
I am wondering if this is related to Gatherer.bigfix.com outage ?