Gathering Initial Data

(imported topic written by Randy B.)

I already configured my mobile device management and seem to be no problem. I tried to test my phone (android) and enrolled it using my created extender using AD and successfully authenticated by the enrollment server. My phone task manager still displaying Mobile Client “Gathering initial data” for almost 2 hours and still not reported on my IBM Endpoint Manager Console.

Does anyone encountered this problem? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

(imported comment written by jeremylam)

It is possible that the enrollment server has an invalid setting for the relay selected for Android devices. Usually you want it to be the relay on the enrollment server, but it can be changed.

Assuming it is invalid, you can run Fixlet 190 “Configure Android Relay for Enrollment and Apple iOS Management Extender” to change it. Unfortunately, you’ll have to reenroll your Android device in this case.

(imported comment written by Randy B.)

Hi
jeremylam
, Thanks for the reply. I already tried to run that fixlet but I am having a hard time resolving error encountered while running this. I will attach the screenshot and hopefully help me solving this.

Thanks in advance. God Bless.

Randy

(imported comment written by rheng)

Hi Randy,

If you are having trouble running this command with the console, you can try running the commands manually on the iOS Extender. Simply launch a command prompt, and run these commands:

net stop BESiOSServer

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\Management Extender\MDM Provider\utils

mdmios.bat config android_relay_password “yourAndroidRelayPwd”

net start BESiOSServer

You might need to alter your second command depending on your extender install directory.