Free disk space requirement in action script?

Hi All,

We’ve had a few home brew fixlets fail of late for what I believe is a lack of disk space that the Bigfix Client is not picking and displaying a disk space limited status. From what I can see I think this might be happening due to the source being downloaded and extracted outside Bigfix package management. Basically this one package I’m looking at now downloads a 600MB zip file to target Windows servers with 5,500+ files in it which then extracts out to be about 1GB in size.

I would like to incorporate a system disk free space check in the ActionScript to ensure there is about 4GB of free space before continuing, even better would be if I could set the failed status to “Not enough disk space” or similar. Was looking at perhaps something along the following lines;

continue if (((free space of it / 1000000) of drive of client folder of site “bessupport”) > 4000)

Just wondering if this approach is best practice or if there is another way I should be putting free space checks in as part of the actionscript so as not to impact the overall fixlet relevance?

@Nicoloks, do you have a default client settings policy in your environment that’s updating the BESClient Download cache settings?

For an example, please look at the Generic - BESClient - Default Settings fixlet in my personal GitHub.

The defaults for the BESClient Download cache settings are very low and can cause issues with larger deployments.

1 Like