I’m in the process of upgrading my Windows 10 clients to version 1903. I have found that for whatever reason some clients after updating stop automatically checking WSUS. I can however manually have them check and after further updates everything works fine. So instead of logging into each client to manually do this I figured I’d have bigfix go out and run it for me, and also to catch laptop clients which seem to escape automatic updates from time to time.
So I created a simple fixlet with the following commands.
wait cmd /C C:\Windows\System32\UsoClient.exe ScanInstallWait
wait cmd /C C:\Windows\System32\wuauclt.exe /reportnow
In theory this should cause windows to scan, download, install updates and then report status to WSUS. I did have some additional commands to implement a pause while the first command ran but as the first command won’t even execute I’ve since stripped it down.
When the commands are executed neither seems to actually work, and both throw an exit code=1.