Force external site evaluation

There is an Analysis Property (“Unique ID”) in the BES Support site that evaluates every 30 days. Is there a way to force the client to re-evaluate this property without having to wait for the next 30 day evaluation?

To force it on a few computers, you should be able to select the computers, right-click, and “Force Refresh”.

To do many (or all) computers, it would be more efficient to de-activate and then re-activate the analysis.

How could I force a refresh on a single computer when UDP 52311 is not open to the target computer?

Hm. That ForceRefresh message should still get to the client, eventually. It may take the CommandPollInterval, if you’ve set one, otherwise the relay select interval (six hours, by default).
You could also send an Action with the ActionScript command notify client forcerefresh.

Once you’ve sent the refresh command, you could also manually restart the client service to make it “see” the command/action instead of waiting for the gather interval.

1 Like

Including the following link for reference as well to the actionscript command Jason mentioned: https://developer.bigfix.com/action-script/reference/client/notify-client.html

Be careful though with this actionscript! It should not be used against many systems at once…

an actionscript command of notify client forcerefresh was the fix.
thanks

1 Like

I could be wrong but just thinking out loud and it’s something I’ve never really thought of before but would a policy action set to every X minutes bypass the command polling if you had the action script with notify client forcerefresh?

If not then is it possible to “inject a fixlet” and use a cron job / task scheduler to run it locally on the Endpoint every X minutes?

Well, you could…restart the client service.