Fixlet to upgrade ILMT to latest version not downloading Windows file

Attempting to use the fixlet to upgrade from ILMT 9.2.18 to 9.2.24. Running all-in-one BigFix and ILMT on one Linux server. The fixlet completes the download of the LMT-server-9.2.24 linux file, but when downloading the LMT-server-9.2.24 windows file, it stalls at 49.9% complete. It eventually fails “HTTP Error 18: An unknown error occurred while transferring data from the server: transfer closed with 548750846 bytes remaining to read”. Outside of BigFix we can download the file if we use https. We have tried using the BigFix _BESGather_Use_Https set at 1, but the download seems to be stuck queued in download queue.

Can anyone please advise how we figure out what is happening with the download?

Do you have enough disk space?

You could make a custom copy of the fixlet and remove the windows prefetch commands.

I may have misunderstood, but why are you downloading a Windows file to upgrade a Linux server?

Doesn’t explain the download issue though…

Because the download is referenced by the fixlet, the Server will attempt to download it and will show progress in the Console, even if the download is no needed by you specific client.

This error is likely caused by a network interruption such as a firewall or proxy blocking the download. It would be unusual for that to work from a browser but not from the root server, but it’s not unheard-of as a firewall/proxy may include the browser’s User-Agent header as part of its rules definition.

You should check with your firewall/proxy admins to fix the problem.

For a quick workaround, you might manually cache the file. Download it via browser, rename it to match its sha1 hash value, and copy it to your server’s wwwrootbes/bfmirror/downloads/sha1 folder.

1 Like

Hi itsmpro92, yes we checked the disk space and there is enough available.

Hi Jason, thanks for answering the question from tm. I did ask the same question myself especially as the fixlet had already downloaded the Linux file. As you say, it is all part of the fixlet script and I didn’t want to start customising action scripts.

Have gone back to our networks for them to have a closer look. Will consider workarounds if we have to, but I am trying to avoid doing customisation or extra manual steps for actions that are meant to work without intervention.

Thanks.