Fixlet to Update McAfee DAT file

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

I know BigFix tests all the fixlets before making them available so this may be the case but I noticed today that the fixlet for “UPDATE: Outdated McAfee Virus Definition Detected - McAfee VirusScan” is still showing the DAT file 6052 which is from Friday. McAfee just released 6055 this afternoon and I was wondering what would cause the delay in getting the latest DAT file. I would think that there would have been a fixlet over the weekend for 6053 or 6054 assuming they passed all QA tests. Just wondering if this is something I should be concerned about, I didnt really check in past weeks but do the “fixlet creators” have weekends off and thats why the DAT file job wasnt updated?

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi tsikma,

Check the Client Manager for Endpoint Protection Overview and it should let you input your own McAfee DAT at any time so that you don’t need to wait for us to update the Fixlet if you have a later DAT…

Ben

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

ah, I see it now under Wizards.

One thing I notice on mine is it is listed as “Anti-Virus Definition Update Wizard (Superseded)”, when I open the Wizard there is a message to click here to open the Client Manager Dashboard. When it opens the Dashboard I dont see anything under Wizards except Configuration Tasks but none of those are Definition Updates. The original wizard also does not show McAfee 8.7 either

Am I missing some sort of update? We are a relatively new customer to BigFix and I am just wondering if something is not configured properly.

(imported comment written by JasonHonda)

Hi tsikma,

The “Anti-Virus Definition Update Wizard (Superseded)” is indeed superseded and out of date which is probably why it does not show for McAfee 8.7.

As the wizard notes, you will want to use the wizard built into the “Client Manager for Endpoint Protection Dashboard”. You were on the right track but were tripped as I have been in the past that the “Wizards” node is expandable by clicking on the triangle. “Configuration Tasks” is not a subnode of Wizards but is a sibling to it.

Hope this helps getting you to use the correct wizard.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Excellent, that was it. Thanks for your help.