Fixlet to uninstall Carbon Black Defense

Hello. I created a custom fixlet to uninstall Carbon Black Defense and have not been successful. I’ve tried a bunch of ways to uninstall. Here are some examples of what I’ve tried:

// Uninstall Carbon Black with cmd
action uses wow64 redirection false
waithidden cmd.exe /c “%ProgramFiles%\Confer\uninstall.exe” /uninstall “De-install Code”
waithidden cmd.exe /c “cd “C:\Program Files\Confer” & uninstall.exe /uninstall” “De-install Code”

// Uninstall Carbon Black with GUID
waithidden MsiExec.exe /X{DD684CCD-BF1C-462F-A294-46C4BB923B74} /qn COMPANY_CODE=“De-install Code”

// Uninstall Carbon Black using Displayname
waithidden msiexec /x {{names of keys whose (value “DisplayName” of it is “Carbon Black Cloud Sensor 64-bit”) of keys “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of (x32 registries; x64 registries)} /qn

Used this CB support link:Enable SCCM to Uninstall a Windows Sensor from an Endpoint

Thanks in advance.

• Does your Carbon Black policy require a code to uninstall?
  • Do you have any command line that works outside of BigFix?

Hi Jason:

• Does your Carbon Black policy require a code to uninstall?
    -Yes, it does. Both to install and to uninstall require a code.

• Do you have any command line that works outside of BigFix?
    -I’ve yet to test the commands manually outside of BigFix. We do know that our install fixlet works flawlessly. Here’s what the installer looks like:

prefetch installer_vista_win7_win8-64-4.0.0.1292.msi sha1:150b873cd32aa24516fd36c2dee72075b24a0331 size:78417920 http://host:52311/Uploads/installer_vista_win7_win8-64-4.0.0.1292.msi
waithidden msiexec.exe /q /i __Download\installer_vista_win7_win8-64-4.0.0.1292.msi /L* log.txt COMPANY_CODE=“xxxxxxxxx”

Thanks.

Hello:
I was able to get my hands on a device to manually test the command and the uninstall worked. What I’m struggling with is where to place the quotes in the syntax. I’ve tried multiple ways. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction or tell me what I’m doing wrong.

*waithidden cmd.exe /c “cd “C:\Program Files\Confer>Uninstall.exe /uninstall” uninstall code”"

*waithidden cmd.exe /c cd C:\Program Files\Confer>Uninstall.exe /uninstall “uninstall code”

*waithidden cmd.exe /c cd “C:\Program Files\Confer>Uninstall.exe /uninstall” uninstall code

*waithidden cmd.exe /c "cd “C:\Program Files\Confer>Uninstall.exe” /uninstall uninstall code

Thanks
-S

What command line worked? If you post that command line exactly I expect I could help you with how to do that in an actionscript.

After I posted, I did another search in the forum and came across your post surrounding CB uninstall and I went ahead and tried it and it work!!!

Here’s what I did and added my uninstall code:

action uses wow64 redirection false
waithidden cmd.exe /c "cd "C:\Program Files\Confer" & uninstall.exe /uninstall" uninstall code

Thanks so much!! You guys rock :metal:
-S

2 Likes