Fixlet to disable Windows firewall

Hello world,

I need to disable Windows Firewall. Where Can I find the fixlet ?

Thank you.

First of all you don’t want to disable the windows firewall service, instead you want to disable the profiles (Domain, Private, Public). to do this you need to set each registry setting to a value of 0, you can do this individually or you can do them all at the same time, that is up to you additionally you will have to restart the service for them to take effect, I am providing you the Action Script to each profile individually, if you want to combine them you can do that:

// Disable Windows Firewall Profile: Public
if {x64 of operating system}
regset64 “[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\PublicProfile]” “EnableFirewall”=dword:0
else
regset “[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\PublicProfile]” “EnableFirewall”=dword:0
endif

// Disable Windows Firewall Profile: Private
regset64 “[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile]” “EnableFirewall”=dword:0
else
regset “[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile]” “EnableFirewall”=dword:0
endif

// Disable Windows Firewall Profile: Domain
regset64 “[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile]” “EnableFirewall”=dword:0
else
regset “[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile]” “EnableFirewall”=dword:0
endif

I would also recommend that you use relevance to test and provide success criteria

Relevance 1
name of operating system contains “Win”

Relevance 2
exists key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile” of native registry

Relevance 3
value “EnableFirewall” of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile” of native registry != 0

Oh and don’t forget to restart the service once you make the changes.

1 Like